Welcome to PRLeap. We're glad you're here. Spend a few minutes going through this guide to learn some of the PRLeap basics. After reading it, you should be familiar with:
- Signing up for PRLeap
- Creating a press release
- Creating Anchor Text Links
- Adding video and photos to a press release
- Attaching MP3s and PDFs to a press release
- Placing your order
All you need is a modern browser to use PRLeap. We recommend Firefox 3.6 or higher, Safari or Chrome. Internet Explorer 8 or higher works too.
- Sign in to PRLeap.
- Click the blue Create Release button at top of the screen.
- This will open the Press Release Builder as shown in Figure 2.1.
The PR builder is made up of 3 sections:
- Contact Information
Figure 2.1: PRLeap Press Release Builder
Copy and paste your press release content from a text editor like TextEdit or Notepad. Don't copy and paste from a document file created by a word processor such as Microsoft Word. Doing so may cause your press release to display junk code.
Here are some guidelines to consider when creating anchor text:
- Limit Anchor Text to 2 to 3 keywords
- One to two links or anchor text per every 100 words
- No more than 5 – 7 links or anchor text in total per release
How to create anchor text links:
Click and drag to highlight the text you want to link, then click the Link button within the Format Bar.
Enter the URL you want to link and click the OK button.
Including a short video with a press release can generate higher read-rates and click-through rates, according to a recent study.
PRLeap allows you to embed up to 5 videos with a press release. We support YouTube, Vimeo, and Quicktime (hosted on your server).
Keep in mind, you are not actually uploading a video to PRLeap. You’re simply providing us with the URL (not embed code) for the video. We use the link to pull the video from the provider.
How to Add Video
It’s super easy to add a video to a press release. Just follow these steps:
- Click the +Video button on the press release builder
- A window will appear as shown in Figure 2.2. Select Video Type from the drop down list.
- Paste the video URL into the text box
- (Optional) Click on the Checkbox if you want to make the video appear "first in the media gallery"
- Enter a caption that describes the video contents using 200 characters or less
- Click the Add Video button when you are done.
Figure 2.2: Add Video
Unlike with videos, PRLeap does actually host pictures. So you will be uploading an image to PRLeap. We recommend uploading the largest file size you have available. We will automatically size it down.
How to Upload a Photo
It's easy to upload an image to PRLeap. Just follow these steps:
- Click the (+) Photo button
- A window will appear as shown in Figure 2.3. Click the Choose File button and select the file on your computer that you'd like to add to your PRLeap press release.
- Optional: Click the Checkbox if you want to make this image first in the media gallery.
- Enter a caption in the given text box.
- Click Upload Photo button when you are done.
The window will disappear and a thumbnail will now appear inside the Multimedia section the press release builder, indicating that it was successfully saved on the PRLeap system.
Figure 2.3: Upload Photo
You can attach PDF and MP3 files to a press release. This makes it easy to include additional content for consumers and reporters to download and use.
Attaching files to a press release is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Click the (+)MP3 or (+)PDF button found under Attachments as shown in Figure 2.6
- A window will appear. Click the Choose File button and select the file on your computer that you'd like to attach to your PRLeap press release.
- Enter a caption in the given text box.
- Click Upload File button when you are done.
The window will disappear and the file will now be listed under Attachments, indicating that it was successfully saved on the PRLeap system.
Figure 2.6: Attach File
After you have added all your multimedia. The next step of the process is to fill in some details about your press release.
By default your press release is scheduled for next day distribution. You may change the release date for one that works better for you.
How to Change the Release Date
To change the release date for your press release click on the date shown. This will open a calendar window as shown in Figure 2.4 Use the calendar to pick a new date. Once you have selected in a new date the release date will be updated. Go ahead and click anywhere outside the window to close it.
Figure 2.4: Change Release Date
By default, your press release will be categorized under advertising. You may change the target industry to one more relevant for your news. But, you can only target one industry, so choose the most relevant.
How to Choose Industry
Click Advertising on the drop down list under industry. This will open a drop down list as shown in Figure 2.5. Select the industry most relevant for your press release. Once you’ve made your selection the drop-down list will automatically close.
Figure 2.5: Change Industry
You may target your press release to a geographic area simply by entering a Zip Code (US Only). This makes it easier for reporters and consumers to find your press release on local search. This feature allows you to geo-target your press release, but will not limit your distribution what so ever.
2.3 Contact Information
The person who’s contact information you provide on the press release should be available to answer questions from reporters and customers. You are required to provide a valid email address and phone number.
Tip - We don’t recommend listing a mobile number, unless you are okay with receiving calls on it. Instead get a free Google Voice number and forward the calls to your mobile number.
Click the blue Preview button at the bottom of the screen to save your press release content and proceed to the Preview.
Step 2 of the press release builder is the Preview. Here you get a chance to see what your press release will actually look like once it goes live as shown in Figure 3.1. If you like what you see then click the Proceed to Checkout button.
If you need to go back and make changes to your press release, then simply click the Edit button. After you’re done making changes to your press release, click the Continue button to preview it once again.
Congratulations, you’ve just created your first press release. It’s been successfully saved in your account.
You’ve now reached the checkout process, which has 3 simple steps as show in Figure 4.1:
- Pick a Plan
- Enter your billing information
- Place your order
Pick a Plan
What makes PRLeap different and popular with our customers is its simplicity. We give you all the features you need to create an engaging press release in one simple, affordable package. Pick the plan that best meets your needs.
Your credit card information is safe. All credit card transactions are processed using secure encryption-the same level of encryption used by leading banks. Card information is transmitted, stored and process securely on a PCI-Compliant network.
Enter your billing information now.
Go ahead and review your order before you click the blue Place Order button. Make sure you:
- Picked the plan you wanted
- Entered your billing info correctly
When you are ready click the Place Order button.
After your order has been successfully placed, you will get a confirmation with your order number.
If you ever have any questions, be sure to take a look at the growing collection of FAQs and support articles in our Knowledge Base. If you need assistance, we are ready to help.
Thanks for using PRLeap!
Mario & Merrick